Monday, May 22

Iggy’s

The Regent Hotel, #03-00 T. 6732 2234

I just had the most divine lunch. Recently rated among the world’s top 100 restaurants by the UK based Restaurant Magazine, Iggy’s lives up to the title.

I had the three course lunch that comprised of a heavenly squid ink risotto that was sufficiently wet yet firm to the bite; followed by the oh-so-delicious burger that forces you to leave the conventional expectations of a burger behind. The patty falls apart at the bite, leaving me to wonder what went into the mix that was altogether tasty yet textured. I rounded off the meal with the banana tarte that was lovely especially when eaten with the ice-cream.

But I could not keep my eyes on my lunch alone. I had spied a lovely cappellini tossed in olive oil and dried shrimp that looks like mee kia ta (Singapore style tossed noodles) but tastes amazing (a friend had ordered it) and a foie gras served on a French toast that I would so love to sample.

I plan on returning pretty soon. The three course lunch was S$45+++ / US$27. They also have a five course set for those with a hearty appetitie at S$75 / US$44.


1 Comments:

At 10:09 pm, Blogger LiquidShaDow said...

Looks good. Been wanting to try squid ink risotto.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home