Saturday, May 13

Va Va Voom (Vietnamese)

36 Seah Street

I love the food that this place sells – tasty traditional Vietnamese dishes with a lot less oil and without compromising on the taste. They take it a step futher by creating variations of dishes that enhance the original flavours even more. One favourite is the lemon grass grilled pork bun thit nuong (pork noodle salad).

I wish they would name the dishes as they are known in Vietnam though. To make it easier for customers to place their orders, VVV has created English references for all the dishes and left the Viet names out. I had to check with the owners to ensure that I got what I wanted.

They also had a yummalicous plum soda (right) – a simple concoction of a potent preserved plum thrown into a glass of soda.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home